The International Trade Club of Chicago (ITCC) is a not-for-profit trade association based in Chicago, Illinois. Founded in 1919, the ITCC is the oldest international trade association in the United States. Members represent a broad range of manufacturing, technology and service sectors, as well as educational institutions, government agencies, and the diplomatic corps. The Global Manufacturing Series and the Import Workshop Series are two of several ITCC programs designed to provide forums for discussion, collaboration and education to support the profession of international business management and promote the sustained and balanced growth and success of U.S. businesses as other global regions emerge and develop as both competitive threats and opportunities for trade.
WorldChicago, formerly the International Visitors Center of Chicago (IVCC), is a membership organization which acts as a liaison between approximately 800 international visitors and their Chicago-area counterparts each year. A member of the National Council for International Visitors, WorldChicago has served as Chicago's official host for U.S. government-sponsored visitors since 1952. The goal of WorldChicago is to provide opportunities for face-to-face professional and social interaction between visitors and their American counterparts that enable a better understanding of each other's way of life and that promote Chicago as an important international center for culture, commerce, and tourism.
The Union League Club of Chicago recently concluded a yearlong celebration of its 125th anniversary. The Union League Club was established in 1879 to uphold the sacred obligations of citizenship, to promote honesty and efficiency in government, and to support cultural institutions and the beautification of the city. Through the efforts of its membership, the Club is a catalyst for action in the political, economic and social arenas—focusing its leadership and resources on important social issues. This commitment to community is seen in many ways. In the 1990s, the Club celebrated its role in the opening of the Harold Washington Library Center—the largest circulating library in the world and the largest municipal building in North America. Every decade between the 1890s and 2000 has seen accomplishments of this magnitude.